My mom is too cute! After we went to Hawaii last year she has decided that the 2 of us should take an annual trip! This year my dad suggested that we visit Sonya in NYC! While there we also drove to Palmyra (that is a longer story for a different time---if you choose to see Palmyra take a few days and fly in closer than NYC. If visiting NYC try to stay more than a few days. AND don't rent a car from the airport 30%tax rate)
Anyway! We had a BALL!!! Unfortunately I packed for warm weather so my pics, even though they are taken over several days, have me wearing my warmest cloths--a sweatshirt I purchased in Palmyra! It snowed as we walked the Smith farm to the Sacred Grove.
Me walking into to the Sacred Grove!
A lonely daffodil in the Sacred Grove. However we saw these in clusters all along the freeway driving from NYC through NJ through PA to Palmyra NY!
We had fabulous hosts who took us around and showed us the sited of Palmyra! Chase it is still odd seeing you as a dad---I picture you as a teen in high school! BTW your family was darling and we had a ball seeing you and visiting with you!
Mom and I standing on Hill Cumorah!
Heading back to NYC we encounter rain, fog, sleet, and snow! We passed over the George Washington Bridge! It was awesome!!! We stayed with my BFF in NYC she lives in uptown Manhattan. She was a FABULOUS hostess!
Mom's first time in a subway!
We toke the Ferry to Liberty and Ellis Island! I loved all the history!!!
We were total tourists and bought souvenirs and tried them on!
Mom standing in the main building on Ellis Island where my oldemor has walked! Very COOL!
Mom and I took the Subway by ourselves! We were pretty proud of ourselves for getting to our destination without problem!
We went to see the Jersey Boys! I highly recommend it and would go again!
We had yummy food, went to historical sites, laughed, sang, and enjoyed ourselves! Yes, we did go shopping and I do have a purse story to tell---BUT I won't incriminate myself on the WWW! As for my BFF--- I miss you already and thanks again!!! MOM---I love traveling with you! I enjoyed it immensely--- love you!








2 comments:
Takk for besøket!! I had a great time with the both of you and think the three of us make excellent travel companions. So if you decide to go back to Hawaii, count me in ;)
Or Norway, for that matter.
Looks like it was fun! I'm glad you guys got to go together...sounds like a good tradition to me!!
Post a Comment