Parents are great! My mom and dad decided to send my mom down to take care of me! It all started a couple years ago when I started not feeling well. I had been to specialist after specialist and had several procedures then in December my parents came to visit and I got a phone call from my Doctor. He said that the lab report came back and I had cancer. What?!?! Cancer!!! What a nasty word.I went to an oncologist (December 17th) and he said I would have to have surgery and soon. He also said if I had to choose a cancer that this is the cancer to choose. Endometrial Cancer is good because if it is caught early it would be contained in the uterus and hopefully had not spread.
January 12th was the big day—I went in for surgery and stayed until Wednesday. The Doctor said that it all looked good—he doesn’t think it had spread and they did not have to take any lymph nodes. The other good news was that since they got it all (it was contained) I will not have to have Radiation or Chemo—man—I really wanted a pink wig!!!
Mom came down on Saturday after the surgery and has been taking me places and cooking me yummy food—from donuts to carrot cake to crepes and my favorite--- potato dumplings.
Thanks mom and dad for the help, love and support!!!





4 comments:
These are great old pictures! I love them. I'm glad you have your mom there to take care of you. No matter how old we get, isn't nice to have a mom and dad for support?
I am glad you shared that. I didn't know the full story. you have awesome parents.
There are times when the older I get the more I need my parents! We have been blessed to have such great ones too! I'm so glad everything went well and that you won't need radiation or Chemo. You are still in our prayers. I hope your recovery is quick!!
family is what gets us through stuff like this for sure.....You are amazing!
Post a Comment