At first I was afraid, I was petrified...
...And I grew strongAnd I learned how to get...
...Did you think I'd crumble?...you think I'd lay down and die?
...Oh no not I, I will survive
For as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my love to give
I'll survive I will survive
Hey hey(I, I will survive) Hey hey(I, I will survive)
Every day(I, I will survive) Oh yeah
...It took all the strength I had not to fall apart
Just trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart
And I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry, but now I hold my head up high
And you see me...
...Go on now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now You're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to break me...
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no not I, I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love,
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my love to give
I'll survive
I will survive
Hey hey Go now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now'Coz you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to break me...Did you think I'd crumble?Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no not I, I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love,
I know I'll stay alive I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my love to give
I'll survive I will survive I will survive
Retreived from http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/I-will-survive-lyrics-Diana-Ross/CE88D6808BD565854825693F0024BF8A on 12/05/08
Thanks Sonya for the correction!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
yes, this should be your mantra! I will be singing it too from the East coast.
(I think this is actually Gloria Gaynor, though.)
I have been singing it all week long! I will double check who it is by--when I googled it it came up as a Diana Ross song. Thanks for singing with me!
You should pipe this into every room in your house. As Sonya said, it should be your mantra. Don't forget to change that ring tone too!
I tried to get the song downloaded as my ringtone--but I couldn,t get it to work...I will have the DH do it!
Thanks Sonya--I fixed it!
If you listen close you will hear it sung in Utah too. Although I think I will have to hum it mostly.
Post a Comment