Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's Fall....finally

Fall is in the air--this week. I love the grey clouds, the rain, the chill in the air. We looked out the window and saw a double rainbow! I had to take a picture (to be posted as soon as I get them downloaded).


A few updates:

Thanks to our outing to Ketchup I tried to make different variations of ketchup for my picky dd who happens to love ketchup. I made homemade potatoe chips and spicy ketchup. I then tried TGIF's potatoe skins from scratch--they turned out yummy!

This week I tried a new recipe for cinnamon rolls---YUMMY! My dd would not try them, but dh really liked them (yay). I am on a kick to try new recipes--- I got new recipes from the ladies in my dentist office to try; potatoe tacos (mashed potatoes with melted cheese, wrapped in a corn tortilla and fried until crispy). Sounds yummy (we'll see what dd thinks). I also got a recipe for Pozole--that I can make in the crockpot. I will let you all know if these recipes work.

DD commented how nice it was that we were all together for our first cold evening--she was really enjoying it. We are really excited for her to experience our Christmas. I've already started gift hunting and shopping!

2 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

Will you guys be coming for Christmas Eve this year? It would be fun to see you!!

One Sassy Princess said...

Yes--but not until after Christmas. We want her to experience waking u Christmas morning for our 1st year together.