Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hate Crime???

This is what I was holding when I got this...


How you ask--

from a guy driving by and throwing at me!---

I wonder how he knew my favorite color is pink!

Seriously---we were asked by our church to go stand on a corner (in a group) hold up signs (Yes, on prop 8) and wave at people. We had many positives--the garbage man, the PODS truck driver, the Fire Department, AT&T van driver, the local gangstas, moms, dads, kids, grandmas, and the 2 ladies practicing for the Breast cancer awareness walk (shout out to Cindy & her friends @ OLG)--either thanked us or honked and waved as they drove by. Many people just ignored us. Then we had moms, dads, kids, grandparents, etc... honking, flipping us off (sometimes one finger but often two) and literally hanging out the window to yell obscenities.

After a couple hours in the very hot sun-- a blue 2 door dodge neon unkn plates--pulls around the corner and throws the vitamin bottle at us and its me, then the CHICKEN (nicest word I can use on line) speeds off. I do have a bit of bruising and soreness nothing major--just the whole idea that I was assaulted really upset me.

These groups who preach that they are the tolerant ones should really watch how they behave. I too have the freedom to assemble--I did not harass, yell obscenities, fight, hurl items at people for their beliefs--yet those who claim they are being denied rights were being aggressive towards me, my family, my friends, my church for standing up for what we believe in--just as they are standing up for what they believe in.

Well, I called the police; the dispatcher said that they had been receiving a lot of these call. An officer came and appeared very put out (not friendly,I tried to shake her hand and thank her for coming, etc...)--she very reluctantly looked at my hand and finally shook it. She asked if I wanted to file a report and I asked what that would do--she said, "nothing!" She asked where the bottle was I showed her she said they would do nothing with the bottle. Left the bottle where it was --I did not file a report--I should have just to put my tax dollars to use and make her a bit more put out! She got in her car and left the weapon at the scene of the crime. FYI it is a punishable offense to throw objects at people--especially out of a moving car!

I am really upset so I probably should stop here before I get on my soap box about RIGHTS , FREEDOMS & SACRIFICES!

6 comments:

sonya d said...

Hope you are feeling better.

One Sassy Princess said...

Thanks--I am especially after venting to you!!! Miss you!

Sara M said...

GRRRRR!!!! I can't believe it. Glad to hear you are ok.

One Sassy Princess said...

Thanks Sara --it was quite frustrating!!!

Unknown said...

How rude!! It is a shame when people express their different point of views in a violent manner. I'm sorry that happened to you and I hope you are feeling better from the injury and from having a chance to vent it out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all of you great california members who put up the fight for prop 8. You succeeded and the rest of us are very proud and grateful for your conviction. It never hurts to be on the Lords side and he will remember the abuse you took!!! love ya Rosie D.