Friday, October 24, 2008

PROP 8

Wow! When I got a ft job teaching, I was given all sorts of forms to sign. One of the forms was to sign away about $100. every month to the teachers union. I said but I do not want to. There was a hush through the District Office---I do not think very many say no thank you. I wanted to view my options. Come to find out—I either sign up for the teachers union or they just take the money anyway—WHAT? Needless to say I signed up—I got great car insurance through them and some other perks. BUT now I am very upset that they donated big bucks to Prop 8. Why????? It is my union yet no one asked if I wanted to support or reject the prop. Not all teachers are saying NO to Prop 8 yet that is what the union is saying by donating that money. And why are they not for Prop 8 since they say it has nothing to do with education—or so we have been told; but here—is the teacher’s union saying that teachers are against Prop 8! This is very disconcerting to me---why did we not look at giving the large sum of money back to the teachers, schools and students?—I am so angry!
Check out this website-- http://www.protectmarriage.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You Go Girl!!!!! I am behind you 1000%. M is having the same issues with his union as well. Do you need a sign for your yard?

One Sassy Princess said...

Thanks--Cindy! I am getting some grief over it--but I feel I have a right to my opinion and m y concerns as well as anyone else on either side of the fence!

Sara M said...

Ugh. Sorry you have to deal with this. Kudos for standing up for what you believe in though.