Monday, September 29, 2008

A "WICKED" day

My DH surprised me by sending me to LA with my friends for a girl’s day out with Lisa, Janet & Melinda. He had arranged for me to attend Wicked with them! The only requirement was for me to have fun! And FUN I did have.


(Image retreived from Google Images)

The day started early we left SD around 9 am drove for a while and stopped for Sodas—McD’s has a great deal the xl soda is only 74 cents! Well, by the time we could find one close to an exit we were next to Disneyland—McD’s there does not sell the xl soda and their large sodas were $1.89 w/o tax. WHAT??? No, xl sodas--


(Image retreived from Google Images)

We finally made it to Holly wood to the Panteges Theater----it is absolutely beautiful! Hollywood is not so much----I kept thinking of the guy in Pretty Woman who says, Welcome to Hollywood—everybody has a dream…what’s your dream?” As we were turning to park we were behind a guy in a convertible that looked a lot like Scott Foley—I think we thought this because we appeared to be determined to see a star.

(Photo retrieved from Google Images)


We parked. We looked for a restroom as we walked over the Stars on the sidewalk. I decided to ask someone where a public restroom was—I was told there was one two blocks up. The lady then said, “Then you come back and give me a tip for the directions.” I thought that was hilarious. Fortunately we found a Pinkberry. They let us use their restroom; Lisa and Janet bought frozen yogurts there. I tasted the vanilla and it reminded me of spoiled sour yogurt—sorry gals!

(Photo retreived from Google Images)


Once back at the theater we were then reprimanded by one of the workers for taking pictures she even told us she would take our cameras away. I offered to sit on the end of our group so that the 3 friends could sit close to each other; I ended up with chatty man from Vegas. Ask me anything about him and his family and I could tell you! (might be the last time I do so—last time was at Disney’s Grizzly Rapids & was soaked the others were not---I am just too nice {tee hee hee})


(my sil Lisa and myself---the photo that got us in trouble)

Wicked—began—phenomenal! It was fantastic. Glinda the “good witch” was hilarious and Elphie the “wicked witch” has an incredible voice. The story was well written, music was amazing, the singing and acting top rate. I would recommend this to everyone—even those who do not like musicals or plays---it had something for everyone!

We drove through town and even drove through Beverly Hills and when Janet asked who actually lived in those houses we let her know Dillon, Brenda, Brandon, Kelly etc…
Of course.
(Images retreieved from Google Images)

We had reservations for Ketchup. We decided to go to sprinkles first and get dessert. We got there—the line was down the block and at least 45 minute wait (Sonya—apparently the line is the norm & when we went you lucked out w/o having a line). We debated on whether to wait and get cupcakes or make our reservations. No stars there either—we did check out the line—just in case. We decided since you can order them on line and the lady (a Local) behind us said Ketchup was supposed to be yummy. We left!

(Sprinkles Lemon Coconut Cupcake) (Me @ Ketchup)

We got to Ketchup—their specialty was (you guessed it) ketchup. This is a restaurant that had appeared on The Hills. The appetizers were yummy; French fries an onion rings with 5 different ketchups. The food was absolutely delicious. The next day Lisa and I were still talking about the food. After dinner we stopped next door at Caffe Primo for gelato---yumm-o! As we left we were still star searching—no such luck but we found the paparazzi—and tried to chase them down but they evaded us!

(Photo retreived from google images)
What a wonderful husband to send me to have a FUN day!

3 comments:

sonya d said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Too bad you didn't ask me about other cupcake places, because I know of a few out there. Next time, try the Vanilla Bakeshop.

Sara M said...

I am soooo jealous. I don't even know what I would do with myself on a girls night out. So glad you had a great time- you like totally deserve it (you like the valley girl talk).

Unknown said...

What an awesome surprise!!! It sounds like you had a fantabulous day.