Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just Venting!







Yes, those are my legs and my feet and my well used pointe shoes!


Well, tonight I decided I was a dance snob. My DD was able to try out a couple of dance classes @ a local dance studio. She loved one of the classes and I hated it. I want her to learn and grow and was not too impressed with the class. What to do what to do---teach her myself. Teaching her myself would be crazy?!?

I know this is mindless dribble for many but I needed to air it somewhere--any suggestions? I do want her to take a dance class and one that she likes but not the one she took tonight. There are a couple other classes she can try so maybe she and I can come to a consensus.

I guess when you take gymnastics at the age of 3ish begin dancing at the age of 5ish, majored in dance in college and had your own studio for about 5-6 years you become a picky and know what you want and do not want form a dance studio and perticular in where to send your child and what type of place to send her.

That about sums up our evening--except for the fact that she was really anxious to get to YW for the combined activity--and dance made it so she was a bit late. She LOVES YW's and Tuesday activities!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I thought you were a great teacher! I can still remember class. I was always in the back of the line because I was the tallest :)

One Sassy Princess said...

I need to find a photo of your dance class (and Post it)-you were all so adorable & 3 years old--amazing how you all have grown and several of you have children or will be anyday---

Denette said...

I totally understand!! I am the same way with Piano. Bailey has had lessons for 2 years and on his 3rd teacher. Can't seem to find the right match. I did try teaching him. It worked for awhile and then we would get lazy because I had other things I needed to be doing. It is a hard call.

Sara M said...

I don't think knowing alot about dancing makes you a snob. It makes you know what you are doing. Is this the first dance class she has ever taken? Is she going to like it enough for it to make a difference that it isn't what you want? Just some points to ponder.

One Sassy Princess said...

She is the one who decided she wanted dance lessons and she decided against the Tuesday class b/c it interfered with YW's. We found a much better class today that she liked and I approved of!!!