
I missed teaching my Primary class today--oops! I have never in 18+ years not made a Sunday class on account of illness.
So since I became a "mother" 4 months ago--people keep asking me if I feel like a mom. I don't feel any different. So, I asked my mom and she said she did not know wat that meant. I asked some friends that are "more experienced moms" and they really could not give me an answer. Well, last Friday I felt more like a "mom". I went to my daughters school for a 6th grade olympic awards ceremony; at which point she wanted me to make a slide presentation for her teacher for next week (this in the midst of me making my own for my class, doing grades and getting my students off to high school etc..) Okay Mom--I now get what you meant when I asked you to sew thirty costumes by the mext morning--you were just magical that way. Anyway, by Saturday she was sick and last night I felt more like a mom. She was up all night sick and I was up with her--this morning she fell asleep as did I and I totally missed teaching my Primary class. My DH took the lesson, games etc. took off for church to either teach it for me or give it to a member of the presidency to teach--oops! I guess that does it for my ramblings---
Have a great up coming week 4 more school days yeahhhhh. But then again who is counting (tee hee hee)!






3 comments:
She's in 6th grade? What do you teach, 5th?
I couldn't handle working and doing all the stuff the kids and the school want me to do. I was supposed to bake 2 doz cookies for the 5th grade party tomorrow, it's too freakin' hot, i went to safeway, purchased cookies, when I know how to bake.. bleck!
I have started going the easy route--like buying the cookies rather than baking them. She is in 6th and toady was her last day---she is now officially a 7th grader!
I teach the community day class--I can teach k-8 but most my students ar 7th and 8th grade middle schoolers!
"mother" does not need to be in quotes. you are a mother now!
Post a Comment