Monday, April 7, 2008

Cupcakes

After reading Sonya's blog all about cupcakes, I got a craving for cupcakes. I also remember last year I made cupcakes, brought frosting (white) and taught my students about mixing and changing colors (the color wheel). They were each given a cupcake and a baggie of frosting with food die--red, yellow and blue. They were then set loose to frost as they please---it was a huge mess but they loved it (they were 7th and 8th graders). Maybe I will have to do that project again!

I made mini star cakes (a bit larger than a cupcake). For my dd's birthday party tonight--it is a rock star theme. Everything in my house is starred at the moment. We are planning on karaoke, pizza, games, food, I even made glittered microphones that look relatively real, and a sleep over tops off the night. It should be fun!

I think I now need to go and eat a cake--thanks Sonya!!!

3 comments:

sonya d said...

You're welcome!

Tracy said...

sounds like a fun girly evening!

One Sassy Princess said...

I turned out really fun.