Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Update...

This morning the fires are still roaring. We are still in a safe zone. The helicopters are definitely out and the smoke is settling in. Visibility appears to be about 1-2 miles--the photos I posted from my home earlier are not as clear at all today.

I find it amusing that the news stations announced that we need to turn off t.v.'s radios, computers etc.. to save energy and avoid rolling black outs. BUT how else are we supposed to keep informed about the fires around us. Just too funny!

We are just going through the week as normal as possible with minimal travel. We filled the fridge and cabinets yesterday and gassed the car up. We are feeding the missionaries tomorrow and having a few people over for that--but overall trying to keep it semi-sane without going outside and inhaling the smoke--it is disgusting. It does make some amazing sunsets-(I will take some photos tonight of it for my brother & post for all to see)!

I think I will take Pictures again and post so you all will be able to see the smoke settling in.

We are so appreciative of the out-pour of concern and well wishes, emails, phone calls from everyone! Thank you!!!

No comments: